The Alphabet Soup of Medicare’s New ABN Form
Live 1 hour Webinar - August 6th, 2020, 11am MST
Presented by Kathy Mills Chang, MCS-P, CCPC, CCCA
The Medicare Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN) might carry the tagline: Annoying, But Necessary. Now that the Government has issued the new ABN, to replace the one that expired in March, they added important new information and nuances that are too critical to ignore. The new ABN form must be implemented as of August 31, 2020. Some of the rules have changed as to what your templates must look like to be precise in your compliance, whether you are a participating provider or not. New regulations have been published that clarify and outline a provider’s responsibility when dealing with a Medicare patient who also qualifies for Medicaid. Talk about complex degrees of information!
Not to worry! KMC University’s experts have combed every page of the new information and created the templates you’ll need to make this important, required transition. Questions arose that sent us straight to the source for answers, and now we’re ready to share that important information with the profession.
This focused training will include:
- How Medicare’s ABN rules have changed when dealing with Qualified Medicare Beneficiaries (QMB)
- The essential changes to mandatory ABN fields that Medicare expects providers to manage properly
- Important scripting for explaining the ABN and these fields to your Medicare patients
- Shortcuts that save time and ensure proper Medicare compliance
- Downloadable templates for each type of ABN that may be used in your office, making it nearly impossible to make a mistake
Remember, you don’t have to know everything about Medicare; you just have to know someone who does! Join us to de-mystify the Medicare ABN form. Everything you ever wanted to know about it and all the new rules will be covered, with plenty of time to get your questions answered!