“No Surprises Act” Implementation-What It Means for Your Practice
Live 1 hour Webinar - December 9th, 2021, 11am MST
Just when we thought we were finished with new regulations for the year, the No Surprises Act that was introduced in July is set to be implemented on January 1, 2022. This Act is properly named ‘surprise’ as it has surprised both payers and providers. Multiple governmental departments are involved, complicating the matter even further. There are many layers to the Act and what it means for health care providers, whether in or out of network with payers. While it originally focused on hospitals and ambulance providers, etc., a deeper dive into the rules indicates that the No Surprises Act has taken it a bit further than just providers of emergency care or hospitals.
The law focuses on three areas:
- Patient - financial protections for out of network services
- Payer - an Independent Dispute Resolution (IDR) process for providers and payers to settle payment disputes
- Provider - transparency; provide good faith estimates in advance of scheduled services
The team of KMC University specialists has unraveled what we know now and prepared for what is to be clarified in the next few weeks and is ready to demystify this multi-faceted regulation for you and what it means to your practice. Join us for this informative webinar and get your team prepared for what’s required on January 1st.
During this training, you will learn:
- How the transparency piece applies to all providers, making them responsible for clearly communicating the cost of care to both insured and uninsured patients - and this includes Chiropractors!
- The definition of “Good Faith Estimate” and how some are expected to be no more than $400 off when estimating the cost of care
- Tips for building a process to provide this information in the most streamlined way, with templates offered for your use
- How to strengthen your verification process and medical review policy collection to get you ahead of the game
- What else to watch for through the end of the year to be ready to implement on January 1
Compliance with the rules will be mandatory! As your trusted source for accurate and timely information, join us and let us help you sift through the pages and pages of rules and cut to the chase of what you need for your practice to comply in the most streamlined way possible.
KMC University Members attend free*, but everyone is welcome. Use this power hour to be prepared for this fantastic change that will ease your documentation burdens in 2021.