Patients are choosing their plans for 2019 - Marketplace, Employer Based or Medicare
It’s that time of year again. Patients are choosing their plans for 2019 - Marketplace, Employer Based or Medicare. Don’t wait until January 1st to familiarize yourself with these new plans. Keep the lines of communication open with your patients to ensure that they are keeping their chiropractic benefits in mind when making their decisions. Some patients may know, as early as December, which plans they are going with.
One type of plan that deserves your attention is the Medicare Advantage Plan. With healthcare costs skyrocketing many patients are choosing Medicare Advantage Plans instead of the original Medicare plus a supplemental plan.
- Is my staff familiar with the Medicare Advantage Plans being offered in our area?
- Do we know the payment rules and documentation standards when it relates to chiropractic CMT, Physical Therapy and other services for each plan?
- Is my staff able to identify a Medicare Advantage card with ease?
- Does my staff understand the importance of identifying Private-Fee-For-Service (PFFS) Medicare Advantage cards PRIOR to rendering services?
- Does my staff understand what a Deeming Contracted Provider is and how it can impact billing and reimbursement?
- Does my staff understand the ABN rules when it comes to Medicare Advantage plans?
Today is the time to evaluate your Medicare Advantage knowledge. If you find you are a bit rusty, take advantage of the many resources available in the KMCU Library.
Library Members, take a moment to freshen up your Medicare Advantage knowledge by locating the Medicare Lesson 5.3 titled Medicare Advantage Plans within your member dashboard.
Not a Member of the KMC University Library yet?
Call (855) 832-6562 now or click the button below to schedule a 15-minute Library demonstration at your convenience. Want instant help? Chat with us now by clicking the button in the lower right corner of your screen.